Trevor Platt Science Foundation
Outreach 2022 Projects
Prof. Jose.H. Muelbert
Ilha dos Marinheiros, Brazil
Bringing science to children – the Ilha dos Marinheiros community
Dr. Margareth Kyewalyanga
Ocean Champions in Zanzibar
Mr. Pranav P
Mangrove Aided Restoration of Kerala coastline at Selected sites (MARKS)
Call for Proposals (CLOSED)
The Trevor Platt Science Foundation announces small-duration outreach projects open to its members.
The call is for proposals on outreach activities in your country aimed at schools, colleges or the general public. The maximum duration of the activity is 6 months. The activity should help to create awareness in the target community on marine or freshwater ecosystems, resources, their conservation and their sustainable management.
- The maximum fund available per project is 250 British Pounds (GBP), which can be used for the project-related travel, educational materials, flyers, and other related expenses. Institutional charges will not be covered.
- Funding will be available for two or three projects to be completed in 2022.
- The call is only open to members of the Foundation at this stage.
- Preference will be given to applications from developing countries, but applications from developed countries will also be considered.
- A selection committee will evaluate the applications, according to quality of the proposal and the applicant, with consideration for geographic representation.
- The recipients of the grants must agree to provide a written report on completion of the project, and no later than 31 December, 2022.
Note: The start date for selected projects will be from the date of reciept of funds.